Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Complications from Taking Things for Guinness

I like burnt toast. I made a crunchy meatloaf tonight. It has carbon. I am carbon based. If I ever burn my fingers, I may be my own lunch. I also had a bear tonight.  A beer. A bear would be silly. If I were a bear's lunch, I'd be pretty burned. And then I'd have dinner too. Maybe I'd invite the bear for a beer.  A Hamm's. A hemms. Ahem. Time to dream of bears. A bare dream. No that's something completely different.  That's a Python. A python in a bare dream with a beer and a bear. As long as I'm not bare with a bear and a beer.  That would be a bore.

I should write this down.



And later:

There once was a saucy mosquito
Who craved a juicy burrito


But when she lay in the mud

Con-templating blood,
She switched her desire to some Cheetos.


Sleep can only help so much....

(rewrite when awake to...)

Abuzz in jungled mosquitoes
Was an egg-borne pester of cheetas
She hummed o'er the swamp
All primed for a romp
But settled for tartare burritos



And, emerging from the fog:

A submental collection of weasels,
Oleagenous as freshly-lubed diesels,
Tied themselves into knots
On the subject of shots.
News report: they all died of the measles!




No comments: