Friday, February 17, 2023

Post 520: Milrod's Moments (2003) by Joe Reisner and Matt Hostetler

 
Another oddity from my classwork animation archive

I met Joe Reisner via Matt Hostetler in 2003, at which point he had been almost 30 years away from animating, choosing graphic work in other media. He was excited that animation could be generated without film, so he put together this 5 minute specimen and ran it for my animation class, who were impressed that someone even older than I could draw and understand computers. 

He was pleased with this result and was working on another project when he passed away suddenly, and his widow reportedly cleaned out his studio.

He said he had worked for MGM for a while in the '50s, and his style certainly has the feel of limited animation from that era.  Anyway, here are his "Milrod Moments" from 2003. I hope to learn more about Joe's story sometime.  

It's a bit large for the blog, so this is a link to my Instagram page, just to give it some traffic, too:

Milrod Moments IG Link here



 

No comments: